#+STARTUP: align fold nodlcheck hidestars oddeven lognotestate
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) INPROGRESS(i) WAITING(w@) | DONE(d) CANCELED(c@)
#+TAGS: Write(w) Update(u) Fix(f) Check(c)
#+TITLE: Hello Worg!
#+AUTHOR: Worg people
#+EMAIL: mdl AT imapmail DOT org
#+PRIORITIES: A C B
#+OPTIONS: H:3 num:nil toc:nil \n:nil @:t ::t |:t ^:t -:t f:t *:t TeX:t LaTeX:t skip:nil d:(HIDE) tags:not-in-toc
*Current discussion*: shall we try to organize an [[file:org-conference.org][Org-mode conference]]?
[[http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/][Emacs]] is a text editor. [[http://orgmode.org][Org-mode]] is an Emacs tool written by Carsten
Dominik which helps you organize your life with plain text files. =Worg=
is a set of Org files collectively edited by people who like Org-mode and
want to share [[file:org-tutorials/index.org][tutorials]], ideas, code snippets, etc.
#+BEGIN: timestamp :string "Last update: " :format "%Y-%m-%d @ %H:%M"
# Ignore this comment
# For this dynamic block to work, you need to add code/elisp/worg.el in
# your load-path.
# Let say that you like [[http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/][Emacs]] and that you like using [[http://orgmode.org][org-mode]] for editing
# structured files in Emacs. Then you might want to /share/ some =.org=
# files and ask people to edit them with you. This is what *Worg* is [[file:worg-about.org][about]]:
# collaboratively editing Org files to build a knowledge database about
# =.org= itself (and planning-related stuff.)
# You can also download Worg as a tar gzipped [[http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git%3Fa%3Dsnapshot%3Bh%3DHEAD%3Bsf%3Dtgz][archive]].
* How you can help
- Please read section [[http://orgmode.org/org.html#Feedback][Feedback]] of Org's manual.
- Help us improving Org by [[file:org-tests/index.org][testing]]!
- Share your Org-Mode knowledge by [[file:worg-about.org][contributing to Worg]].
* Pages about Org
** The main resources
- http://orgmode.org : Carsten Dominik's official page for Org
- [[file:org-tutorials/index.org][Org Tutorials]] : Your best starting point
- [[file:org-contrib/babel/index.org][Org Babel]] : The embedded code evaluation and literate
programming subsystem by Eric Schulte and Dan Davison.
- [[file:org-faq.org][The Org-mode FAQ]] : Check here before writing to the mailing list
- [[file:org-mailing-list.org][Org mailing list]] : For unanswered questions, ideas and discussion
- [[http://orgmode.org/manual/index.html][The Org-mode manual]] : Extensive and complete documentation
- [[file:org-glossary.org][The Org Glossary]]: An explanation of org-mode terminology
- [[file:org-dependencies.org][Org dependencies]] : Dependencies on external packages (mostly LaTeX for now) - WIP.
- [[file:org-configs/index.org][Org configuration]] : Beginners customization guide, examples, survey,
and a list of all hooks
- [[file:org-contrib/index.org][Contributed packages]] : Available modules and documentation
- [[file:org-contribute.org][How to contribute to Org?]] : Guideline for patches and other contributions
- [[file:org-issues.org][A simple issue tracker]] : Keeps track of open issues and other things
about Org mode based on the mailing list
** Other stuff
- [[file:org-quotes.org][Quotes about Org]]
- [[file:org-people.org][Pictures of Org-mode people]]
- [[file:org-gtd-etc.org][Org task management systems]]
- [[file:org-testimonies/index.org][People describing how they use Org]]
- [[file:org-blog-articles.org][Blog posts about Org]]
- [[file:org-screenshots.org][Screenshots of Org in action]]
- [[file:org-web.org][Web Pages Made with Org]]
- [[file:org-translators.org][Org Translators]]
- [[file:org-hacks.org][Hacks around Org]]
- [[file:org-blog-wiki.org][Blogs and Wikis with Org-mode]]
- [[file:org-mac.org][Org and Mac OS X]]
# FIXME: should we add this?
#- [[file:org-survey.org][Org survey results]]
#- [[file:org-code/index.org][Org add-ons]] should be documented here and maybe not in the manual?
* Pages about Worg
- [[file:worg-about.org][About the Worg project]]
- [[file:worg-setup.org][About the Worg setup on the server]]
- [[file:worg-maintainance.org][About Worg maintainer and gardners]]
- A list of [[file:users/index.org][Worg's users]]
- [[file:worg-git.org][A introduction to git for Worgers]]
- [[file:worg-editing.org][Conventions and tools for editing Worg]]
- [[file:worg-todo.org][The Worg TODO file]]
- [[file:worg-git-ssh-key.org][How to create your own SSH key for repo.or.cz?]]
- [[http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git][Recent changes to Worg]] (git log at repo.or.cz)
- [[http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/][Org-mode source documents of all Worg pages]]
* Code around Org
You can check around for code both in the =contrib/= directory of
the Org package and in the =code/= directory of Worg. Also, there is
some development of org additions current happening in Worg (see
** org-info-js by Sebastian Rose
For now the [[http://orgmode.org/worg/code/][code]] directory of Worg only contains =org-info-js= by
tool to navigate through a HTML page (as exported by Org) the way you
navigate through an Org or an info manual, i.e. supporting folding,
previous/next buttons, etc.
#* Pages about planning and GTD
* Latest edits on the Worg git repository
* Git'r done!
If you like losing your time by reading stuff on how to get organized,
go and check the [[file:gitrdone.org][Git'r done!]] page..