|Martyn Jago 38bc761e21 Modified testing/README.org to include ERT installation information for Emacs version < 24. Added new tests||9 years ago|
|contrib||10 years ago|
|examples||9 years ago|
|jump @ 820bb7d81b||10 years ago|
|lisp||9 years ago|
|.gitignore||9 years ago|
|README.org||9 years ago|
|org-test-ob-consts.el||10 years ago|
|org-test.el||9 years ago|
The following instructions describe how to get started using the Org-mode test framework.
1) Install the jump.el testing dependency which is included as a git submodule in the org-mode repository. To do so run the following git submodule commands from inside the base of the Org-mode directory (or just execute the following code block).
#+begin_src sh cd .. git submodule init git submodule update #+end_src
2) Load the file #+begin_src emacs-lisp (load-file "org-test.el") #+end_src
org-test-jump command is now bound to
M-C-j in all
emacs-lisp files. Call this command from any file in the
directory of the org-mode repository to jump to the related test
file in the =testing/ directory. Call this functions with a
prefix argument, and the corresponding test file will be stubbed
out if it doesn't already exist.
4) Ingest the library-of-babel.org file since some tests require this. #+begin_src emacs-lisp (org-babel-lob-ingest "../contrib/babel/library-of-babel.org") #+end_src
6) A number of org-mode-specific functions and macros are provided in
org-test.el see the subsection of
that file. Some of these functions make use of example org-mode
files located in the directory.
org-test-loadwhich loads the entire Org-mode test suite
org-test-current-defunwhich runs all tests for the current
org-test-run-all-testswhich runs the entire Org-mode test suite
ertcommand can also be used to run tests
8) Load and run all tests #+begin_src emacs-lisp (load-file "org-test.el") (org-babel-lob-ingest "../contrib/babel/library-of-babel.org") (org-test-load) (org-test-run-all-tests) #+end_src